FENM (Fluoro Ethyl Nor-Memantine) has its origin from its 18F analogue, assessed in collaboration with the Hospital-University of Toulouse, France, as the first highly selective and functional NMDA receptor biomarker.
From the high selectivity of FENM to NMDA receptors, came the conclusion that non-radioactive FENM could be an ideal candidate to treat CNS diseases in which balanced activation and blockade of NMDA receptor activity is involded. Building a strong network of academic partners (University of Columbia – New York, University of Montpellier, CNRS Toulouse, Ecole Normale Superieure Paris), ReST has been able to acquire evidence that the differentiated effects of FENM on NMDA subtypes should enable a full recovery from traumatic stress, paving the way for a development as a secondary prophylactic for PTSD.
Disabled by AD (Worldwide)
Suffering from long lasting PTSD (USA & EU)
FENM – Scientific Documentation
- US9714212B2 – Chemical compounds derived from normemantine and use of same in the medical field
- WO2019115833A1 – Use of fluoroethylnormemantine for the prevention and treatment of anxiety
- WO2021234324 – Compound and composition to induce neuroprotection
FENM as a Biomarker
- Anne-Sophie Salabert et al.; Radiolabeling of [18F]-fluoroethylnormemantine and initial in vivo evaluation of this innovative PET tracer for imaging the PCP sites of NMDA receptors; Nuclear Medicine and Biology (2015)
- Anne-Sophie Salabert et al.; Evaluation of [18F]FNM biodistribution and dosimetry based on whole-body PET imaging of rats; Nuclear Medicine and Biology (2018)
- Marie Beaurain et al.; Innovative Molecular Imaging for Clinical Research, Therapeutic Stratification, and Nosography in Neuroscience; Neuroscience. Front. Med. (2019)
FENM as a Drug candidate
- Simon Couly et al.; Anti-amnesic and neuroprotective effects of Fluoroethylnormemantine in a pharmacological mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease; International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology (2020)
- Fluoroethylnormemantine, A novel derivative of memantine, facilitates extinction learning without sensorimotor deficits Briana K. Chen et al., International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology (2021)
- Fluoroethylnormemantine, a Novel NMDA Receptor Antagonist, for the Prevention and Treatment of Stress-Induced Maladaptive Behavior. Briana K.Chen et al., Biological Psychiatry (2021)